Customizing an InfoPrint Manager server error log
- Find the spl_error.cfg file in the bin directory that is under the directory where InfoPrint Manager is installed (the default is
C:\Program Files\RICOH\Infoprint Manager).
- Copy the spl_error.cfg file into the workspace_path\servername directory if you want to customize the error log only for servername or into the workspace_path directory if you want to customize the error log for all InfoPrint Manager servers.The workspace_path is specified on the Workspace path field. From the InfoPrint Manager Management Console, click Edit → Service Configuration path to verify the setting of the Workspace path field. For these examples, workspace_path signifies the fully qualified path where the error log is in, such as
C:\ProgramData\RICOH\Infoprint Manager\var\pd.Note: If you already customized your server error logs, remember to change the name or move the current spl_error.cfg file in workspace_path\servername or workspace_path so that your customization values can be copied over into the newer version of the file.
- Open a copy of the spl_error.cfg file in the workspace_path\servername or workspace_path directory and edit it to specify the settings for the log attributes that you want
(as shown in Sample spl_error.cfg file provided by InfoPrint Manager). For example, you can modify the log-backup-number attribute, which lets you specify the number of backup logs that InfoPrint saves, including the initial error.log.BAK file. Before this attribute was added to the product, an unlimited number of logs were saved.
Sample spl_error.cfg file provided by InfoPrint Manager
# # ErrorLog Configuration File # # Log size (units = KBytes) log-size = 1024 # Wrap On? log-wrap = true # Severity? log-severity = debug # Number of backup log files log-backup-number = 10
When you start the InfoPrint Manager server after a shut down, it backs up the first error log by creating an error.log.BAK file. With each successive restart, it creates an additional .BAK file, adding a timestamp as a fourth qualifier. By default, the log-backup-number attribute specifies a value of 10, meaning that you can have nine back up files with timestamps and the initial .BAK file. You can reduce this number as low as
1or increase it as high as
For a complete list of the error log attributes that you can customize, see the RICOH InfoPrint Manager: Reference "Attributes for logs" topic in "Chapter 3. InfoPrint object attributes."
- Once you have finished defining your options, save and close the file. Note: If you do not need the customization change to take effect immediately, you can skip the final two steps and just wait until the next time the InfoPrint Manager server is restarted.
- To shut down the server from the Management Console, specify File → Stop server.Important: To start and stop the server, run the InfoPrint Manager Management Console interface using the "Run as Administrator" command.
- To restart the server from the Management Console, specify File → Start server.