To have your InfoPrint Manager services share a namespace and a log in account.
- Install all of your InfoPrint Manager servers.
Follow the installation instructions in InfoPrint Manager for Windows: Getting Started. When you are finished, your servers will be operating independently.
- Stop all of your InfoPrint Manager servers.
On each system that an InfoPrint Manager server runs on, open the InfoPrint Manager Management Console and click File → Stop Server.Note: If you are using the SAP Print Feature with an OMS configuration, you must stop the SAP Service from the Control Panel. Click the Windows Start button and select Settings → Control Panel. Go to SAP Service Properties and select to stop the service. For more details on this and other considerations for SAP systems, see the SAP R/3 Configuration and Printing Guide available on the Ricoh Web site.
- Decide which server you want to use as the namespace server.
It is highly recommended that you choose your most reliable server to be the namespace server since any disruption of service in the namespace server has an impact on all of the servers in the configuration.
- Set up the common domain user account that the servers will run under.
- Log on to the domain that your InfoPrint Manager servers operate in as a domain administrator.
- Click the Windows Start button and select Programs → Administrative Tools → Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the left pane of the Active Directory Users and Computers window, find the Users item.
- Right-click the Users directory and click New → User from the pop-up menu.
- In the first dialog of the New Object – User wizard, type a name for this user in the Full name and the User logon name fields.
Note: You do not have to fill in the other name fields.
- Click Next.
- In the second dialog of the New Object – User wizard, enter a password for this user. It is recommended that you select the Password never expires check box so you do not have to change the password and update all of your servers on a regular basis, and clear all of the others.
- Click Next to verify the settings for the user and complete the wizard.
- Once you have created the user, right-click the user in the right pane of the Active Directory Users and Computers window and select Add members to a group from the pop-up menu.
- In the Select Group dialog, find and select the Domain Administrators (or Domain Admins) group. Click
OK to add your user to the group.
Note: You can leave the Name field blank.
- Grant the appropriate user rights to the new domain user on all of the systems that
InfoPrint Manager is installed on.
- Log on to one of the systems as a user who is a member of the Domain Administrators group.
- Click the Windows Start button and select Settings → Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double–click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools window, double–click Local Security Policy.
- In the right pane of the Local Security Settings Window, double-click Local policies.
- Double-click User Rights Assignment in the right pane.
- In the list of user rights, select Act as part of the operating system and double-click it.
- In the Local Security Policy Setting dialog, click Add.
- In the Select Users or Groups dialog, click the arrow on the drop-down list box and select the domain that your InfoPrint Manager servers exist in.
- Find and select the domain user you created, and click Add.
- Click OK in the Select Users or Groups dialog.
- Click OK in the Local Security Policy Setting dialog.
- Repeat from step 5.7 for two other user rights: Create permanent shared objects and Log on as a service.
- Set up sharing for the namespace directory on the namespace server.
- Log on to the namespace server.
- Open the InfoPrint Manager Management Console and select Edit → Service Configuration.
- Make note of the directory listed in the Base namespace path field. The path will be
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to that directory.
- Right–click the folder for that directory and select Sharing from the pop–up menu.