Telling InfoPrint Manager where your remote resources are located
- On the system that InfoPrint Manager runs on, map a network drive to the directory that your resources reside in.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Click Tools → Map Network Drive.
- Specify the user and password to use.
- In the Map Network Drive dialog, select a drive letter that you are not currently using from the drop-down menu in the Drive field.
- In the Folder field, type the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) name of the directory you shared on the system that your resources are stored on server in this format: \\resourcesystem\sharename.
- Select Reconnect at logon.
- Click Connect using a different user name.
- In the Connect As dialog, type the user name and password that you created in the step 1 in Using Windows Server.
- Click OK in the Connect As dialog.
- Click Finish in the Map Network Drive dialog.
- Start the InfoPrint Administration GUI.
- Select one of the printers that needs to access these resources and right-click it.
- Select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- In the Properties notebook for this printer, click AFP Resources.
- Find the correct field for your situation. For example, if your directory only holds fonts, find the Location of fonts field; if it holds only overlays, find the Location of overlays field. However, if the directory holds a variety of resources, find the Location of resources field.
- In the correct field, type the letter of the drive you mapped in step 1.3 and the
share name of the directory that contains the resources. For example:
- Click OK to close the properties notebook and make the settings take effect.