Enabling SNMP on a printer that uses the Enhanced Operator
The Enhanced Operator Console is the standard console
for the InfoPrint 4100 and is available as an upgrade for the InfoPrint 4000.
- On the Enhanced Operator Console, touch Printer definition at the top of the screen.
- On the left side of the screen, touch Remote Access.
- In the Communities list, select the name of the
community you will be using to access the printer and verify the settings.
Make sure that the community has Write access to the printer.
- Select the SNMP Agent Enabled and Allow SNMP
to Configure Printer checkboxes, so they both say Yes.
- Touch OK to save the settings.
- You might be prompted to restart the printer so that these
settings can take effect. Restart the printer, and wait for it to
power back up before you continue.
- Disable the printer and enable it again to refresh the
printer configuration information in the server.
- Start the InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI.
- In the GUI, find the InfoPrint Manager printer
(actual destination) that corresponds to this printer and select it.
- Use the GUI to disable the printer.
- Use the GUI to enable the printer again.