Installing required filesets
To install requisite software from the AIX DVD-ROM media, do these steps:
- Log into the AIX system as root.
- Insert the appropriate AIX operating system DVD-ROM into the DVD-ROM reader. (See Locating missing required filesets for details on fileset locations.)
- Open a terminal window. By default, the terminal icon is contained in a popup menu above the text editor icon that appears on the task bar.
- Type this on the command line:
- Click the List button and select your DVD-ROM device name (/dev/cd0, for example).
- Click the List button next to the SOFTWARE to install field and select the required fileset(s) from the list presented.
- Click OK to close the Multi-select List dialog box.
- Click OK to install the software.
- Click OK in the ARE YOU SURE? dialog box.
- Press the F12 key to exit SMIT.