Technical description of multiple data set support
This section describes the sequence of the multiple data set support.
- The MVS Download Receiver daemon receives a data set into a file.
- The MVS Download Receiver daemon invokes the InfoPrint Manager script to spool the file. (You specified the script on the -x option when you started mvsprsd.)
- If MVS user exit 15 or AFP Download Plus marked the file as part of a multiple data set job, the sample exit does not immediately spool the file. Instead, the sample exit calls a second program, which invokes ACIF to transform the file into MO:DCA-P if it is from Download for z/OS.
- After the last file in a multiple data set job is received and transformed to MO:DCA-P for Download for z/OS, the sample exit invokes the afpconcat program to create one file with a comprehensive inline form definition and all the MO:DCA-P documents. The afpconcat program can combine the multiple MO:DCA-P files received from MVS Download into a single MO:DCA-P file. The comprehensive inline form definition contains medium maps (copy groups) from all of the form definitions associated with the individual data sets. The formdefs requested for each input file are merged into a single combined formdef that is placed inline in the output MO:DCA-P document.
- If medium map names collide, the afpconcat program assigns unique names and updates references in the MO:DCA-P documents.
- The afpconcat program merges the inline resource group, discarding page definitions and the original form definitions. Resources with matching resource names and types are compared to verify that they are identical.
- The sample exit spools the combined MO:DCA-P file.