page-count (Document Only)
Specifies the length of the document in pages. The page count might not be accurate for PDF documents that are not properly structured.
Resettable, single-valued, per-document
You can enter an integer from 1 through 2147483647.
When InfoPrint can determine a page count from the PDF, PCL, or PostScript input, InfoPrint sets the page count in this attribute.
- InfoPrint determines the size of a job based on the total number of octets (bytes) in the job. For operator job-management purposes, you can find that job size based on pages is easier.
- InfoPrint uses the value specified with the page-count attribute and the value specified with the copy-count document attribute (and the job-copies component in the results-profile) to calculate the value for the job-page-count attribute.
- Transforms called by transform objects can change the page count of a document. For more information, see “Using the transform_update utility” in the appropriate InfoPrint Manager procedures manual.
- InfoPrint Manager updates the page count of a document with the page count function that is enabled with the count-job-pages server attribute.
- The page-count attribute includes the separator pages only when the separator page support is enabled.
- InfoPrint server extracts the page count of the PDF document when the PDF document is correctly structured.
- When a job contains PDF documents, the document-format attribute is ignored.