Here are the limitations:
- Only Huffman coding with baseline DCT JPEG algorithm is supported.
- Old style JPEG specification (Photometric Interpretation 6) is not supported. Photometric Interpretation 6 is obsolete and will be removed from the TIFF specification. Use the Photometric Interpretation 7 to incorporate the JPEG compressed images in TIFF files.
- Additional color information, such as alpha data, is disregarded.
- Transparency maps are ignored.
- 8-bit gray scale and 24-bit color are supported.