Running the installation program
Follow these steps to install RICOH ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat using the plug-in installer file that is copied to the primary computer during installation of the PDF Document Support feature.
The installer file that comes with the PDF Document Support feature is placed here:
- On Windows: C:\aiw\aiw1\share\Ricoh-ProcessDirector-Plug-in-for-AdobeAcrobat-Setup.exe.
- On Linux or AIX: /aiw/aiw1/share/Ricoh-ProcessDirector-Plug-in-for-AdobeAcrobat-Setup.exe.
You need to copy the plug-in installer file to the client Windows computer that has Adobe Acrobat installed on it.
To download the installer file using the RICOH ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat user interface:
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the left pane, choose .
- The browser's default file download process is used to transfer the file.
- On the client Windows computer, log in as an administrator. Close all open applications that could be using Adobe Acrobat Professional, Distiller, or Reader. Many Web browsers use Adobe Acrobat Reader, so make sure to close all Web browsers.
- Navigate to the location where you downloaded the installer file, and double-click the file.
- Optional: For setup information including hardware and software requirements, click Setup Guide.Adobe Acrobat must be closed during the installation process. Print these instructions if you want to view them during installation.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Depending on your current configuration, the installer might ask to update some Microsoft libraries.
- Verify the installation by opening a PDF file using Adobe Acrobat. The Acrobat menu
bar should include the Ricoh menu.If you cannot see the Ricoh menu when opening Adobe Acrobat, check the default values for some Adobe settings:
- Click .
- In the Application Startup section make sure that Use only certified plug-ins is not selected.
- Click .
- In the Sandbox Protections section, you might see an option called Enable Protected mode at startup (preview). Make sure this option is not selected.
Before you start using the plug-in to enhance PDF files, open Adobe Acrobat and click. Review the topics about preferences, loading document properties, and adding the plug-in icon to the Acrobat quick launch bar. These topics describe how to tailor the plug-in to your environment.