Resetting the password for a user
You can reset a password for a user if they forget their password or feel that it has been compromised.
- If RICOH ProcessDirector is configured to use LDAP authentication, you cannot use this procedure to reset a password. Follow the established procedure for your company to request a password reset.
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the left pane, click .
- In the list of users, right-click the user and select Reset Password.
- Type a temporary password for the user in both fields and click OK. Passwords are case-sensitive and cannot include these characters: " ' ; < =
> \ | ~ ` (Grave accent) or ASCII control characters: x00-x19 and x7F
- Your administrator determines the minimum password length and if you must follow any password complexity rules.
- Tell the user the temporary password.When the user logs in using that password, RICOH ProcessDirector prompts the user to change it.