When the batching method is Time, the hot folder or SFTP input device submits one or more files as a group. Only files that match the Data patterns property and that arrive during the time period determined by the values set for the Batching start date, Batching start time, Batching interval, and Batching date or Frequency properties are submitted.
The hot folder or SFTP input device waits until the date and time specified in the Batching start date and Batching start time properties, then submits one or more groups of input files at a specific time or time interval determined by the values set for the Batching interval and Batching date or Frequency properties. The files print in the order specified by their Last modified timestamp.
- RICOH ProcessDirector for Windows processes child jobs in the order that the files were last modified. The Windows Date Modified value is shown as the value of the Time submitted job property. Because the Date Modified value does not change when the file is placed in the input device, a file created in 2010 and submitted in 2011 shows a Time submitted from 2010.
- If files exist in the hot folder or SFTP input device prior to the initial date and time set in the Batching start date and Batching start time properties, those files will be included in the first batch submitted by the input device.
- For the Batching start time property, use the time zone of your browser. The value is displayed based on the time zone of the computer that you use to open the user interface, but it is stored in a generic format. The hot folder or SFTP input device interprets the generic time format based on the time zone of its parent server and creates batches at the specified time.
When you use the Time batching method, set these input device properties as indicated:
- Workflow: ParentNoPrint
- Child workflow: The workflow that is appropriate for the print files in the job.
- Submit step: SubmitInputFiles
- Create .zip file: If this property is set to Yes, all input files that match the value set in the Data patterns property are combined as a ZIP file and submitted as a single job. If this value is set to No, all input files are submitted as child jobs.
- Batching start date: The date when the input device begins to use the Time batching method.
- Batching start time: The time when the input device begins to use the Time batching method.
- Batching interval: The time interval used to determine when or how often to submit a group of files.
- Batching date or Frequency: Used with the Batching interval property, this property specifies exact values for when or how often to submit a group of files.
- Data patterns: A pattern that matches some part of the file name of your print files. For hot folder or SFTP input devices, the default value is the regular expression: .*$. That pattern matches all file names.