Creating a custom step (transform) object to convert AFP data into PDF data and store it for later usage
- Connect to the InfoPrint Manager server using the InfoPrint Manager Web Administration Interface.
- In the left-hand Objects panel, click the Servers tab.
- Click , the Menu icon, and select Custom Steps (Transforms)....
- Click the New button in the upper right corner.
- In the Create New Custom Step (Transform) dialog, fill in the fields as shown in the following figures, depending upon your operating system. These values create a transform that converts AFP input data into PDF data and saves the output in a file indicated by the afp2pdf -o flag value. Also, it names the transformed file with the name of the original file name because of the %n substitution variable.
- Since you do not want the job to be printed, click Final Step to indicate that this transform is a terminating transform.
- Click OK. InfoPrint Manager creates a transform object under the name you provided in the Name field. To see the values of this transform, click , the Menu icon, on the Servers tab and select the Custom Steps (Transforms)... option.
- See RICOH InfoPrint Manager AFP2PDF Transform Feature: Installing and Using for information about installing and using the afp2pdf transform.