Creating custom steps (transforms)
To create a transform, an InfoPrint Manager system administrator must use this procedure:
- Connect to the InfoPrint Manager server using the InfoPrint Manager Web Administration Interface.
- In the left-hand Objects panel, click the Servers tab.
- Click , the Menu icon, and select Custom Steps (Transforms)....
- Click the New button in the upper right corner.
- In the Create New Custom Step (Transform) dialog, fill in these values:
- Type a meaningful name for the transform.
InfoPrint Manager references the transform name in transform sequences that are associated with actual destinations.
- If not filled in, either type or select the InfoPrint Manager server in which you want to create the transform.
Transforms can only be associated with actual destinations in the same server. If the InfoPrint Manager Web Administration Interface is only monitoring one server, this field contains that server name.
- Output File Format
- Select a format for the output file produced from this transform.
- Type a description of this transform that will appear whenever you show this transform through the InfoPrint Manager Web Administration Interface.
- Transform Options
- Type the command-line transform and its options, including any InfoPrint Manager substitution variables.
- Final Step
- Specify if the transform step is the last one.
- Force Sequence Stop Return Code
- Specify a return code that indicates the transform step was successful, but the transform step is not returning data for further processing by InfoPrint Manager.
- Document Formats Allowed
- Add a format for the input file or files that are being transformed.