Supported data streams
InfoPrint Manager for Linux is capable of converting these data streams to IPDS, PCL4, PCL5, PCL5c, PCL6, or PPDS:
- Advanced Function Presentation (AFP)
- DBCS ASCII
- CompuServe Graphics Interchange format (GIF)
- Device-independent troff (ditroff)
- Joint Photographic Experts Group image (JPEG)
- PCL (PCL6 and earlier)
- PDF (1.7 and earlier)
- PostScript (level 3 and earlier)
- SAP ABAP and OTF (with purchase of the InfoPrint Manager: SAP Print Feature)
- Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)
- Personalized Print Markup Language (PPML)
In addition, InfoPrint Manager will pass through any data stream including PDF, PostScript, PPDS, PCL5e, PCL6, and PPDS.
To provide optimal system performance, the InfoPrint Manager server can transform input data and drive printers concurrently. InfoPrint Manager can support multiple document formats on the same printer.
For AIX, CUPS, and PSF-Other DSS actual destinations, you must have the correct driver for the datastream format you want to output to the printer device.