Creating additional servers or starting existing servers
To create a new server:
- To start the InfoPrint Manager Management Interface (IPMMI) , go to on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES).
- From the InfoPrint Manager Management Interface, on the left pane right-click on Servers. Select . The Create Server dialog window opens.
- Enter the name of the InfoPrint server in the Name field.
- To use a port number other than the default of 6874 as the communications port for InfoPrint, enter the port number in the PORT number field.
When selecting your own port number, always increment the choice by two because the InfoPrint server uses two numbers: the one you specify and the next one, for example, 6874 and 6875.
- Choose one the start mechanism from Options. You can configure the new server to start now or now and at reboot.
- If you want the InfoPrint server to run in a locale other than your current locale, enter the locale name in the LOCALE field. Possible values: en_US (default), fr_FR, de_DE, it_IT, es_ES or ja_JP.
- Press OK. The result of this step depends on the Options selected.
To start an existing server:
- From the
InfoPrint Manager Management Interface, go to the Servers panel and select the server instance you want to start.
- Right-click on the server and select Start.
- Enter the name of the InfoPrint server in the * SERVER name field. By default, InfoPrint fills in this field with the name of the Linux system on which you are running the IPMMI session.
- Normally you will only run one InfoPrint server on an Linux system.
- You also use this procedure to start a server that you have shut down.