Syntax rules that apply to all types of GRID files
GRID files are simple ASCII text files that you can modify using any standard text editor. These rules apply to all of the GRID files.
- No line in the file can contain more than 255 characters
- Fields in a line must be separated with one or more delimiters (spaces)
- The pound sign (#) indicates the start of a comment, which causes InfoPrint to ignore the remainder of that line
- A dash (–), indicates the absence of a particular value, for which InfoPrint substitutes a zero (0)
- An asterisk (*) indicates that a wildcard value (any numeric decimal) is accepted.
- InfoPrint ignores blank lines and extraneous fields