Copying the sample exit
To complete the process:
- Log on to the system that your InfoPrint Manager server is installed on.
- Decide which directory you would like to store your new exit in or create a new one for it.
- Navigate to the
<install path>\exits\mvsddirectory, where <install path> is the directory that you installed InfoPrint Manager in, using Windows Explorer or the My Computer icon.
You will see four files.
- Copy these files you want to modify into the directory you selected or created in step two.
- Open the copy of the project and make your changes.
- Save and compile the Exit.
Note: By default, the sample Exit builds a Debug compile version of the Exit. The pre-installed executable version of the sample (
mvsdsubm.exe) is a Release version. You can change the Active Configuration of the mvsdsubm project to build the
Releaseversion of the Exit.
Changes to custom scripts/exits are only required if any of these new functions are desired:
- AFP Download Plus multiple data set
- Support for the pdpr retry count and retry interval
- Displaying the AFP Download Plus page count on the Admin/Operator GUI
- Printing/discarding AFP Download Plus failed jobs
- Using inline resources with MVS Download multiple data set
- Support for separator pages with AFP Download Plus multiple data set
- Using any of the Error Processing Options
If none of these functions are used, the existing custom scripts can be used.
See the current sample script/exit provided and the sample script/exit that your custom script/exit is based on to determine the changes. From this, you will identify the proper approach for updating and testing your custom script/exit.