Customizing the Verification recipient document property for PDF files
You can customize the Verification recipient document property for PDF files that you process at your installation. Operators can then use the Verification recipient property to identify documents that need to be reprinted during manual reconciliation.
For example, if you customize the Verification recipient property to capture customer name data, the operator can use the Verification recipient property to find a document with the customer name that is displayed in the address window of the envelope of a damaged mailpiece.
- Open a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Professional and load the control file that you created to enhance PDF files for Automated Verification.
- Left-click just above the top left corner of the data that you want to capture. Drag
the mouse to draw a box around the data.Make the box big enough to capture the longest occurrence of the data in your PDF files. Some characters in a PDF file have a larger white space buffer than other characters. You can see the captured data in the Selected Text area of the dialog.If you are capturing customer name data, draw a box around the customer name.
- Select Define Document Property from the popup menu.
- Select Doc.Verification.Recipient from the drop-down list.
- Use the Placement Conditions section to specify the pages to extract the document
property data from.If you want to extract the document property data from the first page of each document, select Pages based on a rule, and then select All Front Pages.
- Click OK to create the document property.
- Click RICOH ProcessDirector Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat is extracting the correct document property values for each page group. and scroll through several page groups in your PDF file to verify that
- When you are ready to save your new document property definition, click Save. You see two confirmation messages. Click Yes and then OK., the click
- When you configure your Automated Verification workflow, specify the name and location of the control file in the step based on the BuildPDFFromDocuments step template.