Creating index tags on supplemental pages
You can create one or more index tags on pages that are not included in page groups.
- In AFP Visual Environment, open a sample AFP file. Then click .
- Select a page that is outside a page group.
- Click a text block or draw a box around a text area or address area that you want to index. The text blocks you can select are defined in the AFP file, from one character to the entire line of text. You see a red box around the data you selected.
- Right-click anywhere on the page and then click Create Index Tag or Create Index Tags for an Address.You see the Create Supplemental Page Index Tag window, Create Index Tags in an Area window, or Create Index Tags in an Address Area window.
- Follow the procedure in Creating index tags for text blocks, Creating index tags in areas, or Creating index tags in address areas and select an existing supplemental page definition from the drop-down list or type a new supplemental page definition name.
- Click OK when you are done creating the index tag.
- Verify that the correct index tag has been created:
- Right-click on the page in the left pane and click Properties.The name of the index tag and its value are listed in the TLE field.
- To close the Properties window, click X in the upper right corner.
- If the index tag is incorrect, click to modify or delete the tag.The index tag is listed as a Supplemental Page Definition under Page Indexes, Index areas, or Address Indexes.
- Right-click on the page in the left pane and click Properties.
- Optional: To create an additional index tag on the supplemental page or to define an index tag on a different supplemental page, repeat the steps.