Working with transforms
InfoPrint provides transform programs for these data streams:
- Printer control language (PCL) data stream
- PostScript data stream
- Portable document format (PDF) data stream
- Tag image file form (TIFF) data stream
- Joint photographic experts group (JPEG) data stream
- Graphic interchange format (GIF) data stream
- ditroff data stream
- Double-byte ASCII and EUC data streams
- line-data data stream
- SAP data
- XML data
- PPML data
These transforms also support color management:
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Joint photographic experts group (JPEG)
- Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- Tag image file format (TIFF)
The transforms convert the incoming data stream into the Advanced Function Presentation (AFP) format.
When a job in any of these formats is submitted to print on a PSF actual destination, InfoPrint automatically invokes the appropriate transform. You can also run the transforms from the command line without printing the generated output. You might find this useful if you intend to print the job later. Jobs print more quickly if they have already been transformed.
Most transforms have flags or option keywords that you can use to specify processing information. For a list of the flags or options and values for each transform, see InfoPrint Manager: Reference or to the transforms' man pages. Configuration files, environment variables, and user-exit programs allow you to specify processing information for InfoPrint to use when it invokes the transform automatically. You can also use configuration files and environment variables instead of typing flags on the command line whenever you run a transform.