Defining the Windows gateway printer
- Create or select an InfoPrint actual destination that will accept the data stream that you will be sending to the
printer (PostScript, PCL, or AFP).
This actual destination can be almost any type of InfoPrint printer (Passthrough, BSD, IPP, PSF) that you can create using the InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI. If you do not want to use the default queue and logical destination, create them and associate the actual destination with them.
- Install the appropriate PostScript or PCL printer driver on the system that your InfoPrint Manager server is located on.
- If you will be sending PostScript data to an AFP printer, you can use the IBM Network Printer 17 driver, which you can download from the Ricoh Web site.
- Otherwise, you can install and use the driver that came with your printer.
- Insert the DVD or disk containing the driver into the correct drive.
- Start the Windows Add Printer wizard and create a local printer. When you have to select a port, select FILE:.
- When the wizard gives you a list of manufacturers and printers, select either the IBM Network Printer 17 or the driver that came with your printer.
- Finish the wizard without printing a test page or making this printer the default.
Once you finish the wizard, you can delete this printer; the driver will still be installed.
- Open the Management Console and create a Windows gateway printer.
In the Target destination field, select the destination that you created or chose in step 1. In the Windows driver name field, select the driver that you installed in step 2. Remember the Share name that you choose; you will need it later. See Management Console online help for additional information.