Customizing the user interface
The RICOH ProcessDirector user interface lets you change the size, location, and contents of portlets. You can even create custom portlets to display property combinations in a structure that is meaningful for your operations. It also lets you change how often the information is refreshed. You can change the background color for the RICOH ProcessDirector pages to identify the system at a glance.
In this section:
- Changing the layout of the Main page
- Managing viewsYou can rearrange the portlets on the Main page of the user interface so the layout is more useful for your tasks or your environment. When you create a layout that you like, you can save it as a customized view. Then, you can change the Main page to use any customized views that you have saved or return to a default view.
- Setting a start pageYou can customize RICOH ProcessDirector to display a specific page when you log in.
- Adding custom portlets to the
pageRICOH ProcessDirector provides several options to create custom portlets showing property combinations in a structure that is relevant to your operation.
- Displaying system identificationIf you have several systems with names that are not distinctive, you can customize them to make it easier to see which system you are working on. The system can display a nickname on the banner area of the user interface or a different background color on each page.
- Changing phase namesYou can change the default phase names to better match the functions that you perform in that phase.
- Changing the color of a stepYou can use this function to highlight steps in a workflow for a variety of reasons. For example, you can make conditional paths display in different colors so that it is easier to understand the processing flow. Or you can make any steps that require manual intervention or send the job to a different workflow display in red.
- Filtering tablesYou can control the items that are displayed in various tables by defining a filter. When you apply a filter, only objects that meet the specified criteria are displayed.
- Changing table columnsYou can customize the columns of any object table. You can change the width of table columns, add or remove columns, and reorder columns.
- Turning the print progress bars on or offAFP, PCLOut, Ricoh PDF, and Ricoh TotalFlow printers can show a print progress bar that shows the percentage of pages printed. You can turn the print progress bars on or off for all the AFP, PCLOut, Ricoh PDF, and Ricoh TotalFlow printers in the Printers portlet.
Parent topic: Configuring the system