Defining property mapping objects
You can use property mapping objects to define the relationship between the headings in a preferences file and the document properties defined for documents in a job. The relationship determines how the ApplyPreferences step uses their values during processing.
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the left pane, click .
- Click .
- On the General section, enter values for the properties as needed.Make sure the value you select for the File type property matches the format of the preferences file.
- On the Property Mapping section:
You must have at least two entries on the Mapping tab, one used to identify documents in the job and one designated as a property whose value is updated by the ApplyPreferences step.The order of the headings in the list does not have to match the order of the headings in the preferences file.
- Enter a heading from the preferences file and select the document property that corresponds to that heading.
- Select a value for Usage.
- The properties with the Usage value set to Identify document are used to locate documents in the job.
- The properties with the Usage value set to Update property are updated by the ApplyPreferences step with values from the preferences file.
- To add an additional mapping, click the plus sign () to the right of your last entry.
- To delete a mapping, click the minus sign () to the right of the entry you want to delete.
- Click OK.