Opening and managing support tickets
- Open the Support website: https://support.ricohsoftware.comTip: Bookmark the site so you can find it easily next time.
- To create a support ticket:
- Click Submit a Request in the middle or top right of the screen.
- In the CC field, you can list email addresses for anyone who should be copied on responses to the ticket, such as your coworkers or supervisor.
- Enter your information in all the fields.
- Click Submit.
- To view existing support tickets:
- Click My activities, then Requests.
- Use the Status filter to display tickets in different states, such as Open, Closed, or Awaiting your reply. Choose Any to display all tickets.
- To open a specific ticket, click its Subject.
- To update a support ticket:
Note: Currently, you cannot change the severity of a ticket.
- Click on the ticket.
- Click Add to conversation, then type your update.You can add a coworker in the CC field here too.
- Click Submit. When you submit your entry, the support team is notified that the ticket was updated and it requires their attention.
- If you are updating a ticket to report a critical production down issue and it is off-shift, you must open a new ticket. When you open the new ticket, choose 1 - Critical (Production Down Only) for the priority and refer to the existing ticket number in the Short Subject Description.
If an existing ticket has become a critical, production down issue AND requires off-shift support (outside the hours of 6AM-6PM US Mountain Time), you must open a new ticket with the Priority field set to 1 - Critical (Production Down Only). Refer to the existing ticket number in the Short Subject Description field.
In this situation, the support team is called in to help during off-shift hours.
When you open the new ticket, choose 1 - Critical (Production Down Only) for the priority.Important: Only open a new ticket for critical production down issues that require off-shift assistance! Status updates not requiring off-shift callout should be handled as regular updates to the existing ticket.
- To close a support ticket:
- Click on the ticket.
- Click Add to conversation, then type a message letting the support team know that the ticket can be closed.
- Click Mark as solved & Submit.