Using the basic view of the GUI
In a basic printing environment, InfoPrint Manager
assigns jobs to printers through early binding. Early binding is much like standing
in a checkout line at a supermarket. Once you pick a line, you
bind yourself to it, no matter what happens. Whether the cashier has a problem with the
cash register (much like a paper jam occurring in the physical printer) or the customer
in front of you requires a few price checks (much like adding new forms to the server),
the only way to change your position is to physically move to another line (much like
manually moving a job from one print
queue to another).
If you want to use the basic view of the InfoPrint Manager GUI, complete these steps in the standard view of the GUI:
- Create a queue named <servername>-default-queue, where <servername> refers to the name of the server you are using, and attach up to ten printers.
- Select Queue → Create.
- Enter <servername>-default-queue in the Name field.
- Click OK to create the queue.
- Specify early binding as the default.
- Select the <servername>-default-queue.
- Select Queue → Properties to open the Queue Properties notebook.
- In the General tab, click Yes in the Preassign jobs to actual destination field.
- Click OK or Apply to make the change.