Creating a PSF TCP/IP printer from the InfoPrint Manager Web Administration Interface
To create a PSF TCP/IP printer (Actual Destination) for an IPDS printer, complete these steps:
- In the left-hand Objects panel, click the Printers icon.
- Click the menu icon and select Create....
- For Printer type, select PSF TCP/IP.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the printer you want to create.
- For Logical destination, enter a name different from the printer Name.
- In the TCP/IP Address field, enter the printer hostname or IP address. If you do not have an IPDS printer available, use 127.0.0.2, to create a sample printer.
- For Model, select Set by SNMP printer, as long as you have a connection to a real printer. Otherwise, choose a model for your sample printer.
- In the Queue field, enter a new queue name.
- In the TCP/IP Port filed, enter 5001.
- Select CREATE and EDIT.
- If the printer is shared by another system that can drive IPDS printers (another InfoPrint Manager server or PSF z/OS) , right-click your printer in the Printers list, go to , and change the Release Time (Seconds) to 10-60 seconds.