Configuring the InfoPrint Manager Web Administration Interface
- Make sure that there is an entry for IP address, hostname.domain, and, hostname in the
/etc/hostsfile on your AIX or Linux server. For example:
172.27.14.118 ironman.bldev.infoprint.com ironman(Syntax:
IP-Address Full-Qualified-Hostname Short-Hostname).
- When adding users to the InfoPrint Manager Access Control Lists (ACLs), the changes suggested in this section are needed for
the FST Mode of security and for using InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI and InfoPrint Manager Operations GUI. If Active Directory / LDAP implementation is planned or completed, it is still useful
to have the FST admin users in place as backup. However, those user IDs are not used
once LDAP is enabled in InfoPrint Manager. Do not add the
DefaultUserfor Web GUI to the admin Group in InfoPrint Manager.
To add users to the InfoPrint Manager Access Control Lists (ACLs):
- Go to Applications and start the InfoPrint Manager Management Interface.
- Select InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI and InfoPrint Manager Operations GUI. and add your ID for use with
- Stop the Web Server and right-click to select Applications Settings.
- Select the Allow job submission and View Full File checkboxes.
- If you submit large AFP jobs to InfoPrint Manager, then the conversion of AFP to viewable PDF takes time. Try the View Full File option, then decide whether to leave it selected.
- Start the Web Server.