Requirements to use multiple data set support
- Install a special MVS Download user exit 15 program on MVS.
- Create a MVS Download Receiver on your InfoPrint Manager system with parallel processing turned off.
To support the printing of multiple data sets in a job as a single unit using AFP Download Plus, you must:
- Install AFP Download Plus with APAR OA15317.
- Set the dataset-grouping parameter in the control statement data set to Yes.
- Create an MVS Download Receiver on your InfoPrint Manager system with parallel processing turned off.
The sample user exit 15 program (apsux15m) provided with MVS Download, adds a parameter that identifies data sets that belong to multiple data set jobs and indicates whether the data set is first, next, or last in a job.
Turning off parallel processing ensures that the MVS Download receiver receives the data sets in the correct sequence by creating only one child process. If parallel processing is turned on, MVS Download can create more than one child process, and thus can receive more than one data set from a multiple data set job at the same time. Data sets could be received out of order and might not print correctly.