Verifying the installation
If you have finished installing RICOH ProcessDirector and want to verify the installation, use this procedure to enable the Sample printer, submit a test job to the HotFolderPDF input device, and process the job.
- If you are not logged in to the RICOH ProcessDirector user interface, log in.
- In the Printers portlet, right-click the Sample printer and select Enable.
- Using the Windows command line or Windows Explorer, copy the
Demo.pdffile into the hot folder that the HotFolderPDF input device monitors.
Demo.pdfis located in
C:\aiw\aiw1\testfiles. By default, the hot folder is
- Wait a few seconds for the RICOH ProcessDirector user interface to refresh. If it does not refresh automatically, refresh your browser.You should see a job in the Jobs table on the Main page. The job's Phase should be Complete, and its State should be Retained.
- Right-click the job and select View Log. The log should show that the job printed. For example, if the job ID is 10000000,
the log should show message
AIWI0016I: 10000000 printed. The job does not print on a real printer.This verifies that RICOH ProcessDirector is installed correctly.
C:\aiw\aiw1\samplesdirectory. The file name is the job ID followed by info.csv. For example,