You can delete page group, supplemental page, and page-level trigger definitions. When you delete a trigger, the boundaries of the page groups might change.
Note: Be careful deleting triggers if you have made other enhancements to the sample AFP file. For example, if you have created index tags and you delete the page group triggers, the index tags might become invalid. In addition, other types of definitions in the control file (for example, barcodes created with AFP Editor) might not work properly if they are based on the page groups or index tags created with AFP Indexer. If you delete the last trigger defined in the control file, any page groups that are defined in the AFP file itself are displayed in the left pane.
To delete a trigger definition:
- In AFP Visual Environment, open a sample AFP file and the control file that contains the definitions for the triggers. Then click .
- Click .You see the Modify and Delete Definitions window with trigger and index tag definitions.Note: You can only delete trigger definitions that exist in the control file. If page groups are displayed in the left pane but no trigger definitions are listed in the Modify and Delete Definitions window, the page groups are defined in the AFP file itself. To remove page groups that are defined in the AFP file, create a new page-group trigger or create fixed-length page groups. This automatically removes any page groups defined in the AFP file. To remove nested page groups that are defined in the AFP file, click.
- Select the trigger that you want to delete.
- Click Delete, or press the Delete key on your keyboard.You see a message that asks if you want to continue.
- Click Yes.The trigger is removed from the definitions list.
- To close the Modify and Delete Definitions window, click X in the upper right corner.