Modifying index tags in areas
You can modify the index tags that you created for page group or supplemental page areas.
Note: In AFP Visual Environment you can display measurement units in inches or millimeters. To change the measurement unit, click .
To modify index tags in an area:
- In AFP Visual Environment, open a sample AFP file and the control file that contains the definitions for the index tags. Then click .
- Click .You see the Modify and Delete Definitions window with index areas.
- Select the index area that you want to modify.
- Click Modify, or double-click.You see the Modify Index Tags in an Area window.
- To change the characters that separate the text blocks, specify the new character
or characters in the Character between text blocks field.The default character that separates text blocks is one blank. If you want to concatenate the text in multiple text blocks, delete the blank from the field.In the Lines in the area field you see the text with the character that you specified (if any) shown between the text blocks.
- To add an index tag for a specific line in the area:
- Click Add.You see the Create Index Tag window.
- Use the default code page encoding or select an encoding from the drop-down list if the text displays incorrectly.
- Type a descriptive name for the index tag.
- Select the line that contains the text you want to index:
You see the value of the index tag in the Edited value field.
- To select the first line or a line relative to the first line, click First line. Then use the drop-down list for this field to select a relative line. For example, select First line plus 1.
- To select the last line or a line relative to the last line, click Last line. Then use the drop-down list for this field to select a relative line. For example, select Last line minus 1.
- Decide whether you want to use the entire text value to create the index tag or only part of the text. To select part of the text as the index tag, click Edit index value. Edit the index value in the Edit Value window and click OK.
- Clear the Create tag for an empty value field if you do not want AFP Indexer to create index tags with null values. Otherwise, an index tag contains the value
nullif the text that you indexed does not exist in a particular page group or supplemental page. For example, if a page group has an address that does not contain a country name, the index tag for country name is
nullfor that page group.
- Click OK.You see the index tag and the index tag value in the Index tags for specific lines field.
- Click Add.
- To change or delete an existing index tag for a specific line in the area, click the
index tag in the Index tags for specific lines section (use the CTRL key to select more than one index tag) and do one of these:
- Click Modify. Make changes to the index tag in the Modify Index Tag window and then click OK.
- Click Delete to remove all index tags you selected.
- To adjust the origin and size of the address area, click the Position tab.Decimal values (such as 2.5) are allowed.Note: If you rotated the AFP file using the Rotate by 90o option on the View menu, measure the X and Y positions from the top-left corner of the logical page in the unrotated view.
- Click OK. You see the index tags listed in the bottom pane for each page group.
- To close the Modify and Delete Definitions window, click X in the upper right corner.