Inserting content text
You can define the text you want inserted as white space content.
- In AFP Visual Environment you can display measurement units in inches or millimeters. To change the measurement unit, click .
- In AFP Visual Environment, open a sample AFP file and the control file that contains the white space definitions.
- Click .
- Click .You see the Manage Campaigns window.
- Do one of these:
- Select an existing rule from the list in the top pane of the window.
- Select a white space definition from the list in the top pane of the window and then click Create rules/content to create a new rule.
- Click Insert text in the Content section.You see the Insert Text window.
- On the Text tab, create a text string.Remember to add blank characters between words if you need to. For example, to add the page number, such as "Page 1 of 10", to the first page of each page group:
You see the text string value in the field below the data fields.
- Type Page and a space in the Text field and click Add.
- Select Page in Page Group from the Property drop-down list and click Add. Page in Page Group is the number of the page in the page group.
- Type a space, of, and another space in the Text field and click Add.
- Select Page Group Page Count from the Property drop-down list and click Add. Page Group Page Count is the total number of pages in the page group.
- Optional: To edit the text string, select a line of data and use Up or Down to change the order of the line or Remove to delete the line.Remember to add blank characters between words if you need to.
- Optional: Select a color for the text from the Color drop-down list.
- Optional: On the Font tab, select one of these:
- Core Fonts
- From the drop-down lists, select the character set and code page, and, if the font is an outline font, the point size in the Font Information section.
- External Fonts
- Type a character set and code page pair, a coded font name, or all three. For double-byte
character set (DBCS) fonts, use the coded font name only.
- If you enter a code page that is part of a DBCS-coded font, you see an error message that suggests you use the coded font name instead.
- On your workstation, if the font size does not exist for the color you selected, your display defaults to 12 black, even though the final AFP file will have the correct font and color.
- Optional: On the Position tab, change the origin (top-left corner) of the text area. Specify the origin in
inches or millimeters. Decimal values (such as 2.5) are allowed. The fields are:
- X position
- The horizontal distance of the left side of the area measured from the left side of the text area.
- Y position
- The vertical distance of the top of the area measured from the top of the text area.
- Click OK. The text is added to the rule and the list in the drop-down box.
- Optional: Click Preview to view how the text you specified is displayed in the defined white space.To close the window, click the X in the upper right corner.