Migrating to the latest version of TotalFlow BatchBuilder
If you already have TotalFlow BatchBuilder installed, you can upgrade to a higher version without uninstalling your existing software.
Before migrating from a previous version of TotalFlow BatchBuilder, it is strongly recommended that you back up the current TotalFlow BatchBuilder installation. For detailed instructions on backing up your TotalFlow BatchBuilder objects and system settings, see the TotalFlow BatchBuilder User’s Guide.
To upgrade to the latest version of TotalFlow BatchBuilder:
- Log in to Windows as an administrator.
- Insert the TotalFlow BatchBuilder installation media in the drive.
The installation should start automatically.Note: If it is not automatically launched, go to the Setup folder on the installation disk and run
- On Windows operating systems, the User Account Control dialog appears. Click OK.
The TotalFlow BatchBuilder splash screen is displayed.
- Select a language for the installer and click OK.
You see the update confirmation screen. Click Continue.
- The Introduction dialog is displayed. Click Next.
If your previous TotalFlow BatchBuilder version was in trial mode, the installation continues and you must choose if you want to try or register the latest version of TotalFlow BatchBuilder. For more information, see "Installing " section of the TotalFlow BatchBuilder Setup Guide.
- If you try to install a new version on the current version where the previous TotalFlow BatchBuilder version is introduced, the installer displays a warning informing you to back up
your current TotalFlow BatchBuilder installation. If you already created a back-up, select Yes, and click Next.
Note: If you do not want to back up your current TotalFlow BatchBuilder installed version, you can still continue with the installation process. Select No, but continue anyway and click Next.
The installation process continues with the next steps. For more information, see "Installing"> section of the TotalFlow BatchBuilder Setup Guide.
Before starting the new installed TotalFlow BatchBuilder version, make sure you clear the web browser cache.
- Uninstall the upgraded version of TotalFlow BatchBuilder.
- Install the previous version where you created the backup.
- Use the Restore option to revert to the saved system configuration.
- Reinstall the upgraded version without uninstalling the previous version.
For more information on Backup/Restore, see the "Backing up and Restoring Data" chapter in the TotalFlow BatchBuilder User’s Guide.