Installing from a remote directory
You can use a remote directory to install RICOH ProcessDirector without using a DVD. You can use a DVD drive on a different computer to copy the installation programs into the remote directory on your network. The remote directory holds the installers so you can access them from the computers that you want to install RICOH ProcessDirector on. The remote directory can be located on the computer that you plan to install RICOH ProcessDirector on.
- If you plan to copy the installation programs from a DVD drive on the same computer as the remote directory, continue with the next step. If you plan to copy the installation programs from a DVD drive that is not on the computer that holds the remote directory, map a network drive from the remote directory to the computer with the DVD drive.
- Copy the installers to the remote directory:
- Log in to the computer that you want to create the remote directory on.
- Insert the base product DVD in the drive.
If the autorun feature of Windows is enabled, the installer starts automatically. Click Cancel to close the installer.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to the DVD drive, so you can see the contents of the CD or DVD.
mk_remote.exe.An installer starts.
- In the installer, choose a directory to store the product installers in.This is the remote directory. The default directory is
- When the installer finishes, eject the CD or DVD.
- When you finish moving all the installers, you can go to the remote directory to verify
that the installers have been copied correctly.
You should see two application files (
setup.exe) and a directory named windows.
- Share the directory that you created so other computers can access the installers.
- Access the installers from the computer that you want to install RICOH ProcessDirector on:
- Log in to the computer that you want to install the base product on.
- If the remote directory is on a different computer, map a network drive to the remote directory.
- Go to the remote directory.If the autorun feature of Windows is enabled, the installer starts automatically. If autorun is not enabled, double-click
- Choose the software that you want to install and click Install.
- Follow the instructions in Installing the base product to complete the installer.