Batching all input files
You can group the input files that are submitted to a hot folder or an SFTP input device and submit them together. The Batching method for each input device determines how many jobs are created from each input device.
You can only batch jobs for hot folder and SFTP input devices.
To batch all input files from one or more input devices:
- Select the input devices that you want to batch all the files for.
- Right-click one of the input devices and select Batch all.
- In the confirmation dialog, click OK.
- Do not use the Batch all action with input devices that use the JDF or Pattern batching method.
- For the List batching method, only files matching the contents of the list file are submitted as jobs. If a file specified in the list file is missing, the job for that list file is not submitted.
- For the Number and Pages batching methods, the specified amount to include in a batch is used. For example, if the Number of files to batch property value is 500 and there are 600 files present in the input device waiting for the polling interval to end. Two jobs are submitted with the Batch all action - one with 500 files and one with 100 files.
- For the Number of sets and Pages in sets batching methods, the specified patterns to match and amount to include in a set are used.
- For the Time and Sets by time batching methods, the specified patterns to match are used. After the jobs are submitted, the Batching interval is not reset.