Automated Verification reconciliation methods
When the administrator configures workflows for Automated Verification, the administrator selects the reconciliation method in the step based on the Reconcile step template. An operator can change the reconciliation method for a particular job by editing the job's properties and changing the value in the Automatic reconciliation property.
The reconciliation methods are:
- Automatic reconciliation
- When a job completes the ReadBarcodeData step, RICOH ProcessDirector automatically reconciles the documents in the job and reprints any documents whose
barcodes were not read.
- Operator action is required if the documents to be reprinted exceed the percentage allowed for the job in the Maximum documents to reprint % property. Operator action is also required if any duplicate barcodes are read in the job. In this case, the job enters the Waiting to reconcile state and the Reconcile action must be performed to set a disposition for each document that has a Duplicate status.
- Manual reconciliation
- When a job completes the ReadBarcodeData step, the operator must select the Reconcile action to start manual reconciliation for the job. Then the operator uses the Reconcile
Job page of the RICOH ProcessDirector user interface to select an action for each document in the job.
The Reconcile Job page shows the status of each document and the initial action that RICOH ProcessDirector has determined for each document, based on the Document status property selected on the ReadBarcodeData step.
- The table on the Reconcile Job page has columns for the Document status 1 and Document status 2 properties. To add another document status property, edit the columns to add the Document status 3, Document status 4, or Document status 5 property to the table.
The operator can request one of these actions for each document:
- Document is not reprinted.
- Document is marked pulled (removed from the job) in the database and is not reprinted.
- Document is reprinted.
- To reprint additional documents after reconciliation, you can use the Create Job action on the Documents portlet on the Main page to create a new job to process selected documents.