Creating additional servers or starting existing servers
To create a new server or start an existing server:
- From the
InfoPrint Printing Systempanel, click Start/Stop Servers. A new menu displays.
- Click Start a Server. The
Start a Serverdialog window opens.
- Enter the name of the InfoPrint server in the * SERVER name field. By default, InfoPrint fills in this field with the name of the AIX system on which you are running the SMIT session.
- To use a port number other than the default of 6874 as the communications port for InfoPrint, enter the port number in the PORT number field.
Note: When selecting your own port number, always increment the choice by two because the InfoPrint server uses two numbers: the one you specify and the next one, for example, 6874 and 6875.
- If you want the InfoPrint server to run in a locale other than your current locale, enter the locale name in the LOCALE field.
- Press Enter. The result of this step depends on whether the server exists:
- If the server does not exist, InfoPrint displays a confirmation message asking if you want to create a new server. Respond to the prompt to continue.
- If the server exists but is not currently running, InfoPrint displays status information and issues a message when it successfully starts the server.
- If the server exists and is running, InfoPrint issues a message to indicate that the server is already operational.
- Normally you will only run one InfoPrint server on an AIX system.
- You also use this procedure to start a server that you have shut down.