Shutting down a server
InfoPrint prevents the server from accepting new jobs while the server is shutting down and after it has shut down. Logical destinations and actual destinations in the server that were enabled at shut down time are enabled when the server is restarted. Logical destinations and actual destinations in the server that were disabled at shut down time are disabled when the server is restarted.
You can shut down an existing server through the InfoPrint SMIT administrator's interface. If you are not familiar with how to start the InfoPrint SMIT administrator's interface, see "Using the InfoPrint Interfaces" in RICOH InfoPrint Manager for AIX: Getting Started.
To shut down an existing server:
- From the
InfoPrint Printing Systempanel, click Start/Stop Servers. A new menu displays.
- Click Stop a Server. The
Stop a Serverdialog window opens.
- Enter the name of the InfoPrint server in the * SERVER name field. By default, InfoPrint fills in this field with the name of the AIX system on which you are running the SMIT session.
- Press Enter. The result of this step depends on whether the server is running:
- If the server is currently running, InfoPrint issues a message when it successfully stops the server.
- If the server is not running, InfoPrint issues a message to indicate that the server is not operational.
- Normally you will only run one InfoPrint server on an AIX system.
- You also use this procedure to start a server that you have shut down.