Specifies the amount of time, in seconds, that InfoPrint allows for the server to try to connect to a shared network printer (printer device) after the actual destination receives a new job request.
AIX, CUPS, PSF
You can use the synonym timeout-period or printer-timeout-period.
You can enter an integer from 0 through 2147483647. The unit is seconds.
- For PSF actual destinations, this attribute applies only to actual destinations with an attachment type of other.
- While the server is trying to connect to the printer device, this actual destination is in the timed-out state, but it can still accept jobs.
- If the server cannot connect to the printer device in the specified time:
- The printer state becomes timed-out.
- This actual destination will not accept new jobs.
- InfoPrint might issue a warning message, depending on the notification profile of this actual destination.
- The server continues to try to connect to the printer device until successful, or until this actual destination is disabled.
- InfoPrint sends a warning message at the end of each timeout period (if specified by the notification profile).