Setting up RICOH Cloud Connector
After the installation of a Ricoh product, the RICOH Cloud Connector Setup page opens and you can see a connection setup dialog window similar to this:
- Under System Name, check the name of the device that you are working on.
- If your company uses proxy servers, ask your IT department for the correct IP address or hostname and port number to use. Select the option I am going to use a proxy that my IT organization has set up to connect to the Internet and make sure the correct values are displayed in the Proxy Settings fields.
- Click Generate code.You see the Account Administration login dialog.
- Log in to Account Administration.You see the One-Time Code window and a unique one-time code that is valid for 20 minutes.
- Copy the code, return to RICOH Cloud Connector and paste the code in the One-Time Code field.
- Click Submit.
You see the License Settings dialog.
Click Save changes. You can now return to the licensed Ricoh product and use it.