Identifying AFP resource directories
You can specify as many resource directories to AFP Visual Environment as necessary.
- If you plan to create text Intelligent Mail bar codes (IMBs), which refer to an IMB font, identify the resource directory that contains the AFP IMB font to AFP Visual Environment so that AFP Visual Environment can display the bar code symbol. The AFP IMB font (character set C0XMUS23) is installed in the resources directory. If you plan to create BCOCA IMBs, this is not necessary.
AFP Visual Environment looks for AFP fonts, page segments, and overlays in these resource directories, in the order shown:
- Inline in the AFP file
- Resource directories specified to AFP Visual Environment, in the order the directories are specified
The resource directories that you specify are used until you specify different resource directories. However, when you open an AFP file again using an existing control file, AFP Visual Environment uses the resource directories that you had specified, if any, the last time you worked with that AFP file using the same control file.
- In AFP Visual Environment, open a sample AFP file. Then click .
- Click Add.
- Type a directory name in the Directory name field, or click Browse to select a directory.
- Click OK.
- To specify another resource directory, click Add again.
- To change the order of a directory in the list, select the directory and click Up or Down.The directories are searched in the order they are listed.
- Click OK.