Installing InfoPrint Manager
- Log in as the Administrator user. You must have Administrative Privilege to install or uninstall InfoPrint Manager for Windows.
- Disable your antivirus software. Installing InfoPrint Manager for Windows on a system running an antivirus software is not recommended.
If your IT department does not let you disable antivirus software, set up exceptions within your antivirus software for these paths:
- C:\Program Files\Ricoh\InfoPrint Manager
If you have the installation DVD-ROM, insert the InfoPrint Manager for Windows Base Server DVD-ROM, LCD4-5659, into your DVD-ROM drive. The install program starts automatically. You can select to view a readme file before starting the install.
If you have the installation
.isofile, double-click it and then double-click the
setup.htmlfile.Note: If your install program does not start automatically or if your browser stops responding:
- Select Start ->Run.
E:\setup.html, where E is your DVD-ROM drive.
- Click OK.
- Click Install RICOH InfoPrint ManagerTM server and choose the destination for InfoPrintManager.exe.
- Go to the location of InfoPrintManager.exe and double-click it.
- In the InstallShield Wizard for InfoPrint Manager dialog, click Next.
- In the License Agreement dialog, select I accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- In the Software Maintenance Agreement dialog, select I accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
In the Select Options dialog, choose between Standard and HA installation and then click Next.
If you choose Standard installation, InfoPrint Manager installs on a standalone Windows Server.
If you choose HA installation, InfoPrint Manager installs on a Windows Server Cluster for High Availability.
If you choose HA primary, InfoPrint Manager installs on the primary node.
If you choose HA failover, InfoPrint Manager installs on any of the secondary nodes.
- In the Choose Destination Location dialog, select the folder where Setup will install the files and then click Next.
- In the Select Program Folder dialog, click Next. The License Key Management Application is being installed.
- Select the feature or features you want to install with InfoPrint Manager Base Server
and then click Next.
These features are available to be installed with the InfoPrint Manager Base Server installer:
Note: These features are available on separate DVD-ROMs and can be installed if you purchase a feature license:
- InfoPrint Manager AFP2PDF Feature
- InfoPrint Manager SAP Print Feature
- InfoPrint Manager Pull Print Feature
- InfoPrint Manager PPFA Feature
- InfoPrint Manager 4247 Feature
- In the Ready to Install the Program dialog, click Install if you are ready to begin installation. If your installation program does not respond,
close all other applications, restart your system, and install the program again.
Note: Do not use special characters in the destination directory name.
- After you have installed InfoPrint Manager for Windows, the installation program asks to reboot your system. The default is Yes because InfoPrint Manager does not function properly until the system is rebooted. When you click Finish or press Enter, your system reboots, and the InfoPrint Manager service starts automatically.
- If you are installing optional features, see Installing optional features on an InfoPrint Manager system for instructions.
- Install the most recent service update if appropriate. Refer to Accessing the latest information and fixes for information and instructions about where to find product updates. Then follow the installation steps in Installing service updates for InfoPrint Manager clients.
These software components are now installed on your system:
- InfoPrint Manager server
- InfoPrint Manager Management Console
- InfoPrint Manager Administration GUI
- InfoPrint Manager Operations GUI
- InfoPrint Notifications Server
- InfoPrint TCP/IP Network Port Monitor
- InfoPrint Manager LPD service
- InfoPrint Manager Web Interface
- InfoPrint Manager Web Server
- MVS Download
We strongly recommend that you verify the connection from your InfoPrint Manager for Windows server system to an actual destination. To do this, you must first create an actual destination as described in Creating actual destinations.