Installing InfoPrint Manager
InfoPrint Manager consists of a number of software components. Software Base components are included when you purchase InfoPrint Manager for AIX, while optional components are additions to the base product that you can purchase and install through additional product DVD-ROMs. These additions are also called features.
The InfoPrint Manager for AIX: Base Server DVD-ROM, LCD4-5654, contains all of the software for installing an InfoPrint Manager server on an AIX system. All of these components are installed with the server and allow you to administer print operations from the system on which the server is installed:
- InfoPrint Manager Server
- InfoPrint Manager Administration and Operations (GUIs)
Allows you to administer print operations from the system that the server is installed on.
- InfoPrint Manager Notifications server
Lets the InfoPrint Manager server send status messages about InfoPrint objects to InfoPrint Manager Notifications clients.
- InfoPrint Manager Notifications client
Lets the InfoPrint Manager server display messages on the system that is installed on.
- InfoPrint Manager Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) Gateway
Lets you submit printing jobs using IPP protocol via the InfoPrint Manager to printers.
- InfoPrint Manager MVS Download Receiver
Allows you to print MVS jobs submitted from MVS systems using IBM Download for z/OS or AFP Download plus for z/OS on InfoPrint Manager printers.
- InfoPrint Manager Transforms
Allows you to run a variety of transforms like: db2afp, d2afp, gif2afp, img2afp, jpeg2afp, line2afp, pcl2afp, pdf2afp, ps2afp, tiff2afp, xml2afp and xml2pdf.
- InfoPrint Manager Web Server
Allows you to run and administer web applications like: Pull Print or Web Interface. The Web Server is installed with the base server and it runs on the system only if it is set to start automatically.
- InfoPrint Manager Web Interface
Allows InfoPrint Manager to run administration and operations on a web browser user interface.
This DVD-ROM also contains the following InfoPrint Manager features:
- InfoPrint Manager SAP Print Feature
- InfoPrint Manager Pull Print Feature
- InfoPrint Manager AFP2PDF Feature
- Linux Mobile Secure Print
- To identify the AIX operating system versions supported, please consult the InfoPrint Manager for AIX: Planning Guide.
- You must run the InfoPrint Manager Installer from the most recent Service DVD-ROM.
- Installation must be conducted under the root login and Korn shell 88.
- The InfoPrint Manager installation program creates a new local user account used for the application to run. The default system user is ipm1 and the default group is sys. The default password for the ipm1 user account is Inf0PrintManager.
Checking the operating system level
oslevel -s from the command line to determine your OS level.
Checking the Korn shell level
InfoPrint Manager must be installed while logged into AIX as
root. InfoPrint Manager requires Korn shell 88 (ksh88) for operation, and will not function properly if Korn
shell 93 (ksh93) is used under
root. Korn shell 93 can be used, however, under another login. To determine which version
you are using, enter
set -o emacs from the command line, and then press
Ctrl v. You should get a response similar to
Version M-11/16/88f (ksh88) or
Version M-12/28/93e (ksh93).