Modifying content text
You can modify the text you have defined for white space content.
Note: In RICOH Visual Workbench you can display measurement units in inches or millimeters. To change the measurement unit, click .
- In RICOH Visual Workbench , open a sample AFP file and the control file that contains the white space definitions.
- Click .
- Click .You see the Manage Campaigns window.
- Select a rule from the list in the top pane of the window.
- Select text content from the drop-down list.
- Click Edit in the Content section.You see the Modify Text window.
- Optional: On the Text tab, change data in the Text string data section, change the color in the Color drop-down list, or both.To edit the text string, select a line of data and use Up or Down to change the order of the line or Remove to delete the line. You can also add new values. Remember to add blank characters between words if you need to. For example, to change the text string from "Page 1 of 10" to "Page 1 for John Doe":
You see the edited text string value in the field below the data fields.
- Press and hold the CTRL key, and then select of and Page Count.
- Click Remove.
- Type for in the Text field and click Add.
- Select an index tag that contains the customer name (such as John Doe) from the Index tag drop-down list and click Add.
- Optional: On the Font tab, select one of these:
- Core Fonts
- From the drop-down lists, select the character set and code page, and, if the font is an outline font, the point size in the Font Information section.
- External Fonts
- Type a character set and code page pair, a coded font name, or all three. For double-byte
character set (DBCS) fonts, use the coded font name only.
- If you enter a code page that is part of a DBCS-coded font, you see an error message that suggests you use the coded font name instead.
- On your workstation, if the font size does not exist for the color you selected, your display defaults to 12 black, even though the final AFP file will have the correct font and color.
- If the character names do not match between a character set and code page, the job goes into an error state in RICOH ProcessDirector and the printer issues an error. To correct the error, change the character set and code page to a valid pair and process the job again.
- Optional: On the Position tab, change the origin (top-left corner) of the text area. Specify the origin in inches or millimeters. Decimal values (such as 2.5) are allowed.
- Click OK. You see the edited text.
- Optional: Click Preview to view how the text you specified is displayed in the defined white space.To close the window, click the X in the upper right corner.