Backing up Data
You can back up all current TotalFlow BatchBuilder objects and system settings.
- Click the Backup TotalFlow Batch Builder shortcut on the desktop.
- When prompted, enter Y in the command-line interface to continue with the back-up process. The command syntax is:
backup [-Y] [-?] [directory]
- Specifies that the default answer for all the future prompts is Yes. There is no further action required from you. This argument is optional.
Note: If you do not specify -Y, you are notified that the TotalFlow BatchBuilder server is shutting down and the users will be logged off. Enter Y to continue the backup program.
- Specifies that the help text should be displayed and the program exits. This argument is optional.
Note: During either back up or restore, you are logged out of the system and cannot log in until the process ends. The system shows the progress status and displays a notification message when the back-up or restore process is finished.
- Specifies the directory where the backup data directory is created. This directory
must initially exist on the specified drive. The default path is <install_path>\Backup directory. This argument is optional.
Note: If you specify the directory name but the specified directory does not exist, you are notified that the specified directory does not exist and the program exits.
- You can also perform a back-up of all your TotalFlow BatchBuilder objects, job files, and system settings using the Backup/Restore window. For more information, see Backup/Restore window, Backup/Restore window.