The TotalFlow BatchBuilder system provides a user controlled access. When a user account is defined or edited, you can specify a role for that user.
There are user types available:
- The administrator role has full access rights throughout the TotalFlow BatchBuilder system. The administrator can perform any action and can assign a role to another user.
- The Operator can perform a set of allowed actions:
- Can view only the Inputs and the Outputs on the Admin tab, but cannot define or edit them. The Operator can also enable or disable the Inputs and Outputs from the Admin tab.
- Can view and dismiss existing alerts, but cannot define or edit alert triggers.
- Can create, define, or edit: orders, jobs, and batches.
- Can view filters.
- Can send batches for processing.
- The Viewer cannot edit any system object and has read-only access to the TotalFlow BatchBuilder system. The Viewer role permissions and restrictions:
- Can only view the Orders, Jobs, Filters, and Batches and cannot perform any other actions in these sections.
- Can open the job properties dialog. The Viewer user can right-click a job and select Properties to view the job properties but cannot edit them.
- Can open the order properties dialog. The Viewer user can right-click a job and select Properties to view the order properties but cannot edit them.
- Can view alerts but cannot dismiss them.
- Can set a job’s state to Printed.
- Cannot view or edit any sections from the Admin tab.
- Cannot view, define, or edit alert triggers.
- The Custom role permissions and restrictions:
- Can have access or no access to filters. When the Custom user has access to filters you can edit, delete, duplicate, and create a new filter. When the Custom user has no access to filters, you can double-click to open the filter properties to view them but you cannot edit the filter properties.
- Can have access or no access to alert trigger. When the Custom user has access to alert trigger, you can enable/disable, delete, and create new triggers. When the Custom user has no access to alert trigger, the alert trigger is not visible.
- If the Admin creates the Custom user, you can select any of the Admin sub tabs to allow access for new user.
- When you select the Custom user, permissions start from administration level, all permissions are set to Edit.
- Each Custom account is unique regarding the settings and options to view sections of the application.
Note: The existing permissions and restrictions for each user role cannot be edited and are predefined when TotalFlow BatchBuilder is installed.