Supported configuration parameters
The AIX client provides most of the information required by the host server program. The host server program has only a few configuration parameters. The default values for these parameters are appropriate in most cases.
- Specifies whether the host server program should convert text OUTPUT parameter values
to upper case. The following OUTPUT parameters are affected:
The CASE parameter does not affect some other OUTPUT parameter values, which are always converted to upper case:
- Accept the text values as provided by the AIX client.
Note: Some code pages used by fonts printed on header and trailer pages do not include lower case characters.
- Convert all alphabetic English characters to upper case.
- Specifies the TCP port number at which the host server program accepts connection
requests from clients. Valid values are 1 to 65535, but values above 5000 are recommended.
The default value is
- Specifies the name of the z/OS TCP/IP address space. The default value is
- Specifies whether the host server program should record its internal flow in the data
set referenced in the SYSPRINT DD statement.
Note: Using a TRACE value other than NONE degrades performance. You should specify a value other than NONE only if directed to do so by an IBM service representative.
- Record transmitted and received data, as well as the internal execution path.
- Do not record trace information. The host server program only writes configuration and error information in the SYSPRINT data set.
- Record the internal execution path.