Installing server software and features locally with the Installer
Before running the InfoPrint Installer, make sure you have X-server installed on your workstation. You need X-Windows display support to run the install procedure.
This procedure steps through a local installation of the InfoPrint Manager for AIX base and features, using the InfoPrint Installer GUI.
- To install InfoPrint Manager server software or optional InfoPrint Manager for AIX features using the InfoPrint Manager for AIX Installer on the local AIX server, enter this command:
The InfoPrint Installer begins by checking your configuration and might display some messages regarding system checks and verifications.
- The first screen displayed is the Installer’s language selection screen. Select the
language that you want to use with InfoPrint Manager Installer. For more information
about how to add extra languages, see Adding or removing languages.
- The Installer displays the Introduction screen. You are advised to quit all other programs before continuing with the installation.
Click the Next button to proceed to the next screen. If you want to change something on the previous screen, click the Previous button.
You may cancel the installation now by clicking the Cancel button.
- Read the license agreement, select
I accept the terms of the License Agreementand then click Next.
- The Choose Install Type screen is displayed. Select
- InfoPrint Manager: Selecting InfoPrint Manager installs or updates the base InfoPrint Manager software and allows Feature installation.
- Add a Feature: Selecting
Add a Featureallows you to add one or more Features to the InfoPrint Manager system. Requires separate Feature DVD-ROMs. See the RICOH InfoPrint Manager for AIX: Getting Started guide for more information.
- Apply Service: Selecting
Apply Serviceallows you to install the most recent service updates. See Applying service for more information.
If you reinstall InfoPrint Manager, you are notified in the Reinstall screen that the InfoPrint Manager base server is already installed. You are required to install again all of the previously installed features. Click Next to reinstall InfoPrint Manager.
- The Installer displays the Feature Dialog screen. Features add extra functions to InfoPrint Manager. Separate Feature DVD-ROMs might be required.
These features are available on the base DVD-ROM and can be installed with the trial license or with the product license:
- InfoPrint Manager AFP2PDF Feature
- InfoPrint Manager SAP Print Feature
- InfoPrint Manager Pull Print Feature
These features are available on separate DVD-ROMs and can be installed only with the product license:
- InfoPrint Manager PPFA Feature
- InfoPrint Manager Japanese PostScript Font Feature
Make your selections and click
In the Language Selection screen, select the language for the InfoPrint Manager Server and Features and click
- The Installer displays the Server Type screen. To create an InfoPrint Manager Primary Server, click
Yes. To create an InfoPrint Manager Secondary Server, select
No. You must first have a Primary Server before a Secondary Server can be created. A Secondary Server is an additional InfoPrint Manager server that interoperates with a Primary server. The hostname or IP address of the Primary Server is necessary for the servers to work together. There are also additional configuration tasks that you must perform when using secondary servers, see Installing secondary InfoPrint servers. For more information about interoperability, see the RICOH InfoPrint Manager for AIX: Procedures guide.
Nextto proceed. If you have selected
No, you are asked for the hostname or the IP address of the Primary Server.
Important: You cannot create an InfoPrint Manager for AIX 4.11 secondary server for an older version of the InfoPrint Manager system. All systems must be at the 4.11 level to be compatible.
- If you are reinstalling or upgrading InfoPrint Manager, the previous installation of InfoPrint Manager is detected. A screen asking
Do you want to keep the objects currently defined in your InfoPrint Manager Sever?appears. There are preexisting objects (printers for example) that are configured for use with InfoPrint Manager. Click
Yesto retain these objects and the configuration associated with them.
- A message displays indicating that you can manually control the location and size
of the InfoPrint Manager directory structure. See the
allocatefsutility that is documented in RICOH InfoPrint Manager: Reference for more information. Click
- The File Systems Allocation screen is displayed. Select a volume group and allocate the size of the file systems.