Configuring to use the
If you are migrating from InfoPrint Manager to RICOH ProcessDirector and you use the
pdprcommand to submit jobs, you can configure RICOH ProcessDirector to continue receiving jobs from the same
pdprcommand in RICOH ProcessDirector is a script that is packaged in a self-extracting Perl script. The script must be installed on all client computers that submit jobs with pdpr. Before you configure the primary server, follow the instructions to install the script on your client computers and configure them correctly, including making updates to the
pdprscript in RICOH ProcessDirector creates an lprafp command to submit jobs, adding flags to send supported job property values to the primary server. As a result, the configuration on the primary server is similar to the configuration steps for configuring to use the LPD protocol.
To configure to use the
- If any LPD daemons or processes that do not belong to RICOH ProcessDirector (for example, the Common UNIX Printing System [CUPS] LPD daemon) are running on the
primary computer (or on a secondary computer that is the parent server of LPD input
devices), stop them:
- On SUSE Linux, start YaST, then click to find the LPD services.
- On Red Hat 6.7 through latest 6.X, choose to find the LPD services.
- On Red Hat 7.1 through latest 7.X, choose and use this command: systemctl list-units --type service --all.
To stop an LPD service, use this command: systemctl stop <LPD_service>.
- Do not uninstall CUPS.
- Open RICOH ProcessDirector.
- Click the Administration tab.
- In the left pane, click .
- Make sure that all the computers that you installed the
pdprscript on are listed in the Hosts allowed to submit LPD jobs property.
- Create LPD input devices to receive jobs from the
pdprscript. Make sure the name of the input devices match the names that you used in the rules you created in the
When you submit a job using
pdproptions are converted to options on the
lprafpcommand. The LPD input device uses the file listed in the Child workflow parsing rules property to map options on the
lprafpcommand to RICOH ProcessDirector properties.
The default value for the Child workflow parsing rules property is the path to the sample
receive_lpd_pdf_jobtype.cfgfile. This file contains mappings for most of the
lprafpcommand options that RICOH ProcessDirector supports. You can update or copy the file to add more mappings if needed.