Modifying text strings
You can modify a string of text that was created with AFP Editor. You cannot modify text in the AFP file itself.
- In AFP Visual Environment you can display measurement units in inches or millimeters. To change the measurement unit, click .
- In AFP Visual Environment, open a sample AFP file and the control file that contains the definitions for text strings.
- Click .
- Click .
- Do one of these:
You see the Modify Text String window.
- Select the text definition that you want to modify and then click Modify.
- Double-click the text definition that you want to modify.
- Optional: On the Text tab, type a new name for the text area in the Text definition name field, change data in the Text string data section, or change the color in the Color drop-down list.To edit the text string, select a line of data and use Up or Down to change the order of the line or Remove to delete the line. You can also add new values. Remember to add blank characters between words if you need to. For example, to change the text string from "Page 1 of 10" to "Page 1 for John Doe":
You see the edited text string value in the field below the data fields.
- Press and hold the CTRL key, and then select of and Page Count.
- Click Remove.
- Type for in the Text field and click Add.
- Select a customer index tag from the Index tag drop-down list and click Add.
- Optional: On the Font tab, select one of these:
- Core Fonts
- From the drop-down lists, select the character set and code page, and, if the font is an outline font, the point size in the Font Information section.
- External Fonts
- Type a character set and code page pair, a coded font name, or all three. For double-byte
character set (DBCS) fonts, use the coded font name only.
- If you enter a code page that is part of a DBCS-coded font, you see an error message that suggests you use the coded font name instead.
- On your workstation, if the font size does not exist for the color you selected, your display defaults to 12 black, even though the final AFP file will have the correct font and color.
- Optional: On the Position tab, change the origin (top-left corner), size, and orientation of the text area.
Specify the origin and size in inches or millimeters. Decimal values (such as 2.5)
- If you rotated the AFP file using the Rotate by 90o option on the View menu, measure the X and Y positions from the top-left corner of the logical page in the unrotated view.
- Click OK. You see the edited text in the AFP file.